Wednesday 8 March 2023

Army box labels


With a growing number of Really Useful Boxes full of figures and vehicles, I thought some sort of labelling would be a good idea to avoid having to open each in turn to see what was inside.

Rather than just having text labels, I wanted some pictures. It was easy enough to find images on the web that would be suitable for the Romans, Italian Wars French and 11th Armoured Division but the WW2 Germans were a bit more difficult - I certainly didn't want boxes with Swastikas on the side but nothing else seemed to have sufficient immediate impact and recognisability. In the end, I went for a plain German cross against a 3 colour camouflage - as seen on the sides of vehicles. After a bit of searching, I found a suitable image which I cropped and edited to make sure the colours were bright and distinct then superimposed the cross.

4 comments:

  1. Now that's organised. And nice graphics add a little bit to the pleasure of getting the figures out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. As you know, I'm not a naturally organised person but thought I'd make a bit of an effort in this case. :-)

      Delete
  2. Very smart, much better than my scribbled post it notes!
    Best Iain caveadsum1471

    ReplyDelete