Friday 12 June 2020

More Italian Wars French Crossbowmen - Aventuriers

Although I started my French Crossbowmen / Aventuriers in early 2016 and finished the first group of 12 in June 2016, for some reason the second group of 12 stuck. I got distracted into other areas and every time I looked at them languishing in the incomplete painting tray of shame, there seemed to be something more urgent or at least more interesting to do.

With the extra leisure time at home enforced by the Covid-19 restrictions, after spending a lot of time on a 1/1250 model of HMS Queen Elizabeth, I finally got round to completing them. This gives me an early and late option of either 12 bases of crossbowmen in skirmish order or 12 bases of arquebus is loose order.

The new group is at the front. 
I still have plans for some more units for my French Italian Wars army: at least one unit of archers (the heavy cavalry type), a full 6 of Landsknetch skirmishing arquebus and some more clearly French artillery now the new range from Khurasan is available. 

I have the figures for two more pike keils - one Swiss, one Landsketch and more Gendarmes (with Venexia figures) but these will have to wait until I've completed my Romans and a load of WW2 figures. Even then, I'm not sure I can face another two 14 base pike keils!

4 comments:

  1. These are lovely, the clothing really captures the feel of the early Italian Wars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice sir! Really like the palette you've selected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, clean work in 15mm! Great colour choices and nice to see you back on the project, I'm looking at converting almost every figure for another 108 28mm Swiss keil!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks very much for the comments.

    I'm in awe of the the idea of one keil of 108 figures, let alone another one! And I'll correct my spelling of keil forthwith. :-)

    ReplyDelete